Insurance and Halloween
Be careful during this halloween season. Take food safety very seriously.
Hot food should be held at 140 °F or warmer.
• Cold food should be held at 40 °F or colder.
• When serving food at a buffet, keep hot food hot with chafing dishes, slow cookers, and warming trays. Keep cold food cold by nesting dishes in bowls of ice or use small serving trays and replace them often.
• Use a food thermometer to check hot and cold holding temperatures.
• Perishable food should not be left out
more than 2 hours at room temperature (1 hour when the temperature is above 90 °F).
Discard any food left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours (1 hour if the temperature was above 90 °F).
• Place food into shallow containers and immediately put in the refrigerator or freezer for rapid cooling.
• Use most cooked leftovers within 3 to 4 days. (See chart.)
• Reheat leftovers to 165 °F.
Cold Storage Chart
These storage times will help keep refrigerated (40 °F) food from spoiling or becoming dangerous to eat. Because freezing at 0 °F or below (not 32 °F) keeps food safe indefinitely, recommended freezer storage times are for quality only. Use an appliance thermometer to monitor storage temperatures in the refrigerator and freezer.
AS ALWAYS GIVE US A CALL AT 984-239-5522 FOR YOUR FREE INSURANCE QUOTE OR EMAIL US A